Friday, March 12, 2021

Troubled hearts and Christ's promise to return

The times that I struggle most with a troubled heart are when I lose sight of the fact that righteousness comes by faith in what Christ has already done. If I measure myself by myself, then I become self-focused. That is what it truly means to fall from grace. It is not a state of sin one has fallen to in which there is no longer any hope for them. It is to actively trust in works as the means of salvation when it is by grace through faith.

I also notice that my heart is troubled when I first wake up in the morning. I get bombarded with negative thoughts and what-ifs when I first wake up. But as I begin going through my day and capture those thoughts, everything improves. When one has an eternal perspective, focusing on the hope that we have, no worldly trouble can defeat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment